MS Dhoni Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More. Mahendra Singh Dhoni also knew by as MS Dhoni is an Indian Cricketer. MS Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Bihar (now Jharkhand), India. He is one of the best cricketers of India Cricket Team. MS Dhoni Wiki has an estimated net worth Rs. 600 crore around $100 million dollars.
MS Dhoni Age 37 Years Old. His father name is Pan Singh is an employee of MECON; worked at Junior Management Position and his mother name is Devki Devi. He has a brother name is Narendra Singh Dhoni and a sister name is Jayanti Gupta. MS Dhoni married to Sakshi Dhoni on 4 July 2010. The couple blessed with a daughter Ziva Dhoni. She is Hindu by religion, Sun Sign Cancer and Nationality Indian.
MS Dhoni Height 5 ft 9 in (175 cm) and Weight 78 Kg (172 Pounds). His Body Measurements are 42-32-14 Inches. MS Dhoni Chest Size 42 Inches, Waist Size 32 Inches and Biceps Size 14 Inches. He has Black Color Hair and Dark Brown Color Eye. Read More Pooja Singh, Siddharth Nigam, Parineeti Chopra Biography.
MS Dhoni was vice Captained for India Cricket team from 11 September 2007 to 4th January 2017 and Test Cricket from 2008 to December 2014. MS Dhoni plays as a Right-arm Medium bowler and Right-handed batsman. MS Dhoni Wiki was made his cricket debut match against Bangladesh in December 2004. Dhoni has played in many international & domestic cricket match and has made many records. He considered as one the best wicket-keeper in the world and best cricketer in India.
MS Dhoni Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|MS Dhoni Wiki|
|Real Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname(s)||MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman & Wicket-keeper)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong
Test- 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai
T20 – 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
|Domestic/State Team||Asia XI, Bihar, Chennai Super Kings, Jharkhand, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Helicopter shot and a Paddle Sweep|
|Records (main ones)||• Under his captaincy, Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats: the No.1 Test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), the ODI World Cup in 2011, Champions Trophy in 2013 and the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007.
• Most centuries at the position of No.7 in ODIs.
• Most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
• Most number of stumpings in International Cricket.
• Highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs (183 runs).
• Won most T20 International matches as a captain.
• Most times bowled in International Cricket while playing a match as a wicket-keeper.
• Only skipper to score an ODI century while batting at No.7
• First Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score 4,000 Test runs.
• Highlight score by an Indian captain in Tests (224 runs).
• 3rd skipper ever to have captained in 300+ international matches, after Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303).
• The only skipper to have captained 50+ matches in all 3 formats.
• First Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
• In July 2018, he made the record of maximum stumpings in Twenty20 Internationals (33 stumpings in 91 matches).
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2003/04 tri-nation tournament against Kenya and Pakistan A, where he scored 362 runs in 6 matches at an average of 72.40.|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi|
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Family||Father– Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
Mother– Devki Devi
Brother– Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder)
Sister– Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
|Coach/Mentor||Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya|
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- Collecting bikes, playing with his pets, watching English Premiership League (EPL) and Formula 1
Dislikes- English songs and workout
|Hobbies||Biking and playing football|
|Controversies||• In 2007, 40 residents of his locality filed a plea against Ranchi Regional Development Authority (RRDA) for wasting 15,000 liters of water in daily maintenance and swimming pool at the time when his locality was going through severe water crisis.
• He was involved in a tax evasion controversy over his Hummer H2, as the vehicle needed a registration charge of 4 lakhs (INR) in India, but it was mistakenly registered as a Mahindra Scorpio, the charge of registering which is 53,000 (INR).
• After the IPL betting scandal, his name was dragged over the issue of conflict of interest for acting as the Vice-President of India Cements, whose owner was N Srinivasan. Though he got a clean chit later.
• In 2016, he resigned as the brand ambassador of Amrapali real estate group after the residents from one of the Amrapali units carried a social media campaign after facing logistical issues in the society.
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar and Adam Gilchrist
Bowler: Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee
|Favorite Cricket Ground||Lord’s Cricket Ground, London
Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne
|Favorite Food||Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs, Yellow Dal, Sonpapdi, Gulab Jamun and Rasgullas|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie and Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Film||Agneepath and Sholay|
|Favorite Musician||Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Color||Blue and Black|
|Favorite Destination||Sri Lanka and Goa|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Priyanka Jha (died in 2002)
Lakshmi Rai (South Indian actress)
Sakshi Singh Rawat (Sakshi Dhoni)
|Marriage Date||4 July 2010|
|Cars Collection||Open Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti SX4, Hummer H2, Toyota Corolla, Land Rover Freelander, GMC Sierra, Mitsubishi Pajero SFX, Mitsubishi Out Lander, Porsche 911, Audi Q7 SUV, Ferrari 599|
|Bikes Collection||Hero Karizma ZMR, Yamaha Rxz, Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha Rx, Ducati 1098, Yamaha Rd 350, TVs Apache, Kawasaki zx14r Ninja, Confederate Hellcat X 132, Harley Davidson Fat boy, Enfield Machismo, Customized TVs Dirtbike|
|Net Worth||$100 Million (600 Crore INR)|
|Social Media Profile|
This is the latest information about MS Dhoni Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni smoke?: No
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni drink alcohol?: Yes, occasionally
- Dhoni was born to a middle-class Rajput caste of rulers.
- He secured 65% in his 10th Board exams.
- In 1993, he was first spotted as a goalkeeper by KR Banerjee, the cricket coach at his school, who later asked him to try his hand in wicket-keeping.
- It was PC Poddar, the former cricket captain of Bengal, who saw great potential in him during the Talent Resource Development Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur. After which, he was selected in the Bihar U19 team in the 1998/99 season, where he scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, when he was trying for a place in the India team, he fell in love with a girl named Priyanka Jha. But, unfortunately, Priyanka died in an accident, the same year.
- In 2003, Sourav Ganguly approached him to move to Kolkata, but he denied the offer and went back to Bihar, where he went to the National Cricket Academy.
- His life took a turn in 2004 when he got selected for India A tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed exceptionally well.
- He made his 1st ODI century against arch-rival Pakistan in Vishakapatnam, where he smashed 148 runs from 123 balls.
- It was Sachin Tendulkar who recommended his name for India’s skipper in 2007, after which Indian cricket team reached the heights like never before.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year award for two consecutive years, 2008 and 2009.
- He was also the recipient of both the Padma Shri and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awards.
- He and his wife Sakshi knew each other since their childhood, but their love ignited in winters of 2007 when they met in Kolkata through Yudhajit Dutta (Dhoni’s manager and friend). It was Dhoni who asked for her number from his manager, and when he later messaged her, she didn’t believe it initially. They dated each other for 3 years and got married in a low-profile ceremony in 2010.
- He was the highest taxpayer sportsperson in India for the year 2012, 2013, 2014.
- He is counted among the best finishers in modern cricket, and 9 times he finished an ODI match with a 6, popular among them was the winning 6 in the 2011 ICC World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
- MS Dhoni Wiki learned his signature shot, The Helicopter Shot from his childhood friend Santosh Lal, who passed away in July 2013.
- In 2012, he became world’s top-earning cricketer (#31 in the world) by Forbes magazine, beating popular sportspersons such as Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney and the World’s fastest man Usain Bolt.
- MS Dhoni Wiki announced his Test retirement after the Melbourne test match in December 2014 during the Australia tour, where he was just 1 test match defeat away for equaling the record of being captain of most defeated test matches abroad.
- He owns a hotel in Ranchi called ‘Mahi Residency’.
- His favorite non-cricketer sportspersons are Cristiano Ronaldo and Rafael Nadal.
- He is a bike lover and is the co-owner of ‘Mahi Racing Team India’ in Supersport World Championship.
- In 2016, he launched a fashion brand ‘Seven’ with Rhiti Group. MS Dhoni Wiki.
- It was rumored that he took 40 crores (INR) from the makers of his biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), which was played by Sushant Singh Rajput.
- On 2 April 2018, he received Indin’s 3rd highest civilian award ‘Padma Bhushan’ from President Ram Nath Kovind. Dhoni made this prestigious moment even more special by wearing a military uniform and by marching past the dignitaries present at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.MS Dhoni Wiki.