Asha Parekh Wiki, Age, Biography, Husband, Affairs, Family & More. Asha Parekh is an Indian Film Actress, Film Producer, and Dancer. Asha Parekh was born 2 October 1942 in Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India.
Asha Parekh father Bachubhai Parekh and her mother Sudha Parekh. Asha Parekh is currently Unmarried. she had an affair with Nasir Hussain, Filmmaker & Rumored.
Asha Parekh Age 76 Years Old. Asha Parekh Height 5 ft 3 in approx. 161 cm and Weight 62 Kg approx. 137 Pounds. Her Body Measurements 34-24-35 Inches. Asha Parekh Bra Size 34B, Waist 24 Inches, and Hip 35 Inches. Her Shoe Size 8 (US) and Dress Size 4 (US). Asha Parekh Hair Color Black and Eye Color Dark Brown. Her Star Sign Libra and Religion is Hinduism.
Asha Parekh is a Very popular Bollywood Film Actress. She was super-hit on her time in 1959s to 1973s. Asha Parekh is awarded by Padma Shri by The Government of India. She established herself as one of the most successful and influential Bollywood Actresses of All Time. She was made her screen debut in 1952 Hindi Movie Maa.
Asha Parekh Wiki, Age, Biography, Husband, Affairs, Family & More
|Asha Parekh Wiki|
|Actress Name||Asha Parekh|
|Age(as in 2018)||76 Years|
|Date of Birth||2 October 1942|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Debut Film||Maa (1952)|
|Height & Weight|
|Height in Centimeters||161 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.61 m|
|Height in Feet-Inches||5′ 1″|
|Weight in Kilograms||62 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||137 lbs|
|Body Measurements||34-24-35 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
|Hip Size||35 Inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Hindi Film: Aasmaan, 1952 (as Child Artist)
Dil Deke Dekho, 1959 (as Lead Role)
Gujarati Film: Akhand Saubhagyavati (1963)
Punjabi Film: Kankan De Ohle (1971)
Kannada Film: Sharavegada Saradara (1989)
TV Director: Jyoti (Gujarati serial of the early 1990s)
|Awards||• In 1971, won Filmfare Best Actress Award for Kati Patang.
• In 1992, awarded Padma Shre by the Government of India.
• In 2002, awarded Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
|Family||Father– Bachubhai Parekh
Mother– Sudha Parekh
|Religion||Jainism (Father), Islam (Mother)|
|Address||Azad Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Doing Yoga|
|Controversies||During her tenure as the President of the Cine Artists’ Association, she was criticized for censoring films; especially not giving clearance to Shekhar Kapur’s Elizabeth.|
|Favorite Actor||Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand|
|Favorite Actress||Waheeda Rahman, Helen, Saira Bano|
|Favorite Director||Bimal Roy|
|Favorite Dance Teacher||Bansilal Bharati|
|Favorite Singer||Asha Bhosle|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Nasir Hussain, Film Maker (Rumored)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Thi is the latest Information about Asha Parekh Wiki, Age, Biography, Husband, Affairs, Family & More.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asha Parekh Wiki
- Does Asha Parekh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Asha Parekh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is an ardent follower of Sai Baba.
- She started performing stage shows at an early age.
- She was born in a middle-class Gujarati Jain family in Mumbai.
- Her father was from Paldi near Pirana Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- Her father was a Jain while her mother was a Muslim.
- After doing a couple of child roles, she quit acting to resume her schooling.
- Being the only child of her parents, she was the pivot of her parents’ lives.
- Her mother, Sudha Parekh, enrolled her in classical dance classes at an early age.
- She was cast by Nasir Hussain in six more of his films.
- She was also associated with Nasir Hussain as a distributor of his films for 21 years.
- She started her film career as a child artist with the 1952 film ‘Aasmaan’ in which her screen name was Baby Asha Parekh.
- At a stage function, Bimal Roy saw her dance and cast her at the age of twelve in the 1954 film ‘Baap Beti.’
- At the age of 16, she tried to make her debut as a heroine. However; she was rejected by Vijay Bhatt in his 1959 film ‘Goonj Uthi Shehnai,’ citing she was not a star material. Precisely 8 days later, Nasir Hussain cast her in his film ‘Dil Deke Dekho’ opposite Shammi Kapoor, which made her a huge star.
- She became a symbol of glamor girl, excellent dancer, and tomboy in most of her films. However, she also did serious roles in 3 of her favorite films- ‘Do Badan’ (1966), ‘Chirag’ (1969), and ‘Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki’ (1978).
- She did 3 Gujarati Language films including ‘Akhand Saubhagyavati’ (1963), which became a huge hit.
- She also acted in a few Punjabi Language films including ‘Kankan De Ohle’ (1971) opposite Dharmendra and the hit Kannada film- Sharavegada Saradara (1989).
- After playing the lead roles in the films, she started playing the supporting roles of Bhabhi (sister-in-law) and Mother. However; she described it as the ‘awkward phase’ of her career.
- She founded a production company called ‘Akruti’ and produced serials like ‘Baaje Payal,’ Palash Ke Phool,’ ‘Kora Kagaz,’ and a comedy serial ‘Daal Me Kaala.’
- After her mother’s death, Asha sold her bungalow and shifted into a smaller house to take care of her ailing father who passed away later.
- At present, she concentrates on her dance academy called ‘Kara Bhavan’ and the Asha Parekh Hospital (named in her honor) in Santa Cruz, Mumbai.
- From 1994 to 2000, she remained President of the Cine Artists’ Association.
- In 2008, she judged a Reality Show ‘Tyohaar Dhamaaka on the 9X Channel.
- She remained unmarried throughout her life. However; in an interview, she revealed that she had a longtime boyfriend but declined to explain the relationship.
- In 2017, her autobiography titled ‘The Hit Girl’ (co-written by Khalid Mohammed) was released by Salman Khan.
Thanks for reading Asha Parekh Wiki, Age, Biography, Husband, Affairs, Family & More.